The Brigg Market Place in 1836
Brigg Market Place in 1836, looking towards the County Bridge. The sign on the left above the coach can just be made out as "Angel Inn"
There is a sign on the building to the right of the archway (now Molly's flowers and Coney Court) which reads "County Fire Office", it was where people would have paid their fire insurance.
In the foreground on the left is the Town Hall and Buttercross and beyond the tall building on the right (now Barclay's Bank) is Hett's Lane before it was renamed Carey or Cary Lane and widened to permit buses to pass.